Worthing Ice Rink proudly supports the Starr Trust
Due to the damage we suffered during last week’s storm, we have decided to delay the opening of Worthing Ice Rink by one week. Any pre-ordered tickets for this week will be refunded via Eventbrite.
We once again look forward to welcoming you to our great under-cover ice-rink to celebrate the Christmas period and ring in the new year. Our doors will now be open from Saturday 11th November 2023 – 18th February 2024.
We welcome skaters of all ages and abilities over the age of 4 years. Our penguin skate aids are available for hire to assist our skaters if required (height limit applies).
Our café will be open daily offering hot drinks and snacks to skaters and non-skaters alike. Our cafe will this year be serving hot crepes, hot dogs and chips as well as other delightful goodies.
Sessions will run from 13.45Hrs until 21.00Hrs Monday to Friday during term time and from 10.00Hrs to 21.00Hrs during weekends and school holidays.
Following the success of our supersaver tickets in the last couple of years for selected sessions (13.45 – 17.30, inclusive) on Monday and Tuesdays, we have decided to bring it back again this year. All tickets will be priced at £6.00 (not valid during school holidays).
Our rink is wheelchair accessible and we welcome wheelchair users on any sessions. Carer’s skate for free and there is no need to book a carer’s ticket. Carer’s may be asked for ID.
13.45 – 21.00 Hrs
Monday – Friday Term Time
10.00 – 21.00 Hrs
Weekends and School Holidays
Last session starts 20.00 Hrs
OFF-PEAK TIMES: Monday – Friday School Term Sessions
13.45 Hrs – 21.00 Hrs
Supersaver Sessions: Monday and Tuesday Term Time 13.45 Hrs – 18.30 Hrs
Weekends and school holidays all sessions
Kids Beginners and Advanced Courses – Saturday and Sunday mornings
Subject to availability
Adult Classes will return to Thursday lunchtimes
For all course enquiries please contact Worthing Ice Rink.
Private Lesson by arrangement – please contact Worthing Ice Rink for further details.
IT’S PARTY TIME AT WORTHING ICE RINK
Worthing Ice Rink is the perfect venue for your party. Skate on our rink for an hour, then pop into Café Ice, where your party table will be ready. Fun and food all provided under one roof.
Party packages from £14.50
How do I Buy Tickets?
You can pre-book on-line online to guarantee your place or buy your tickets from the box office when you arrive. Remember, you may have to wait for a turn on the ice if you haven’t booked your session in advance, especially during peak times.
How do I use my e-ticket?
Go to the cash desk with your e-ticket and we’ll scan you in – no need to print your ticket, we can scan your ticket straight from your phone. If you forget your ticket we can look you up – just be prepared to be asked for some ID.
What should I wear?
We recommend warm, waterproof outdoor clothing, remember you may get wet if you fall over. Wear long socks, gloves and hats. Wear thin layers under a jumper or coat. Hoodies must not be worn up on the ice. Please make sure scarves and loose clothes are tucked in.
Where can I park?
There is metered parking all around Steyne Gardens, on road parking is free on Sundays. The nearest multi-story is a two minute walk at the Guildbourne Centre between Ann Street and Chatsworth Road.
How old do I have to be?
We ask that skaters are aged four and upwards. Our smallest skates are childs size 8. Safety helmets are available free of charge on request. Children under the age of 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by an adult.
Largest skate up to adult size 15.
There is no upper age limit for the hire of penguins although we do have a height limit of 120cm. The number of penguins we have is limited so please book to be sure to get one.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Skating is at your own risk and the management of the rink assume that users have knowledge of the risks inherent with the activity of ice skating and skaters use the rink at their own risk.
Risks include but are not limited to the following:
- Injuries resulting from contact/collision with other skaters
- Injuries resulting from falls
- Injuries that involve objects or structures which are within the ice rink ie skate barriers
- Injuries resulting from wet floors
DO NOT SKATE if you are:
- have a heart condition
- Have a back condition
Marshals are NOT on ice to catch falling skaters as this could cause potential injury to them. Marshals will instruct skaters how to get up from a fall. Marshals will NOT lift skaters after a fall. In the event of an injury being sustained on the ice, staff will assist the skater from the ice.
Please remember our ice is real ice and made from WATER! During warmer weather and busier periods, the ice surface can become wetter than usual, the rink operators take no responsibility for wet clothing from falls and recommends skaters to wear waterproof clothing.
Using the Rink
In using the rink facilities skaters and spectators alike agree to the following:
- All skaters must be in control of their speed at all times.
- Excessive speeds will not be tolerated by the rink and skaters may be asked to leave the ice, without refund, if their behaviour is deemed to be dangerous by the rink staff.
- No digging, chipping, or throwing of ice.
- Skaters must skate in an anti-clockwise direction unless instructed otherwise by staff
- Skaters must abide by the directions of the rink staff at all times.
- Be observant and avoid collisions with other skaters.
- Leave the ice immediately at the end of the session or so directed by a member of staff.
- Must not skate if under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person we suspect of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol without refund.
- Skaters must not take bags, carry phones or other loose objects onto the ice.
- Skaters must not take food or drink onto the ice, or be passed food or drink by spectators.
- There is strictly no smoking in any part of the ice rink or the viewing area.
- Headphones / air pods etc are not permitted to be worn on the ice.
- No figure skating or ice dance practice during public sessions.
- Scarves/hoods or clothing deemed potentially hazardous must not be worn.
- Must not act in an abusive or disorderly manner towards members of staff or other rink users. The rink will will have zero tolerance for abuse or bullying either towards it’s staff or other rink users
- Minimum age for children is 4 years
- Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied at the rink by an adult.
- A child is under the age of 16. If a child does not have proof of age the management reserves the right to decide whether a child or adult ticket is required.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended. Small items may be left with shoes at the skate counter, at your own risk.
- By using the rink, you agree that any photographs taken by representatives of Town Centre Ice Rinks Ltd may by used for promotional purposes.
- CCTV is in operation at all times. Digital data will be deleted by 31st March 2024, unless required for legal and or insurance purposes.
Skaters asked to leave the rink for dangerous skating or anti-social behaviour will not be entitled to a refund.
Steyne Gardens, Brighton Road, Worthing, BN11 3EA